Police Beat for Nov. 8

Oct. 28

4:05 p.m. – Not Del-aware of the law

A University of Maine Police Department (UMPD) officer conducted a traffic stop on Long Road. The suspect, Michael Hall, 25, of Orono, was operating a motorcycle that had no baffle or inspection tag on the plate. Hall told the officer that he had a driver’s license in Delaware, but no credentials to operate a motorcycle. The officer confirmed that Hall had no motorcycle license by checking Maine records. Hall was summonsed for operating a motor vehicle without a license. The officer noted that Hall was very polite.

Oct. 28 and 29

3:07 p.m. and 2:05 p.m. – Pair of parking passes pilfered

UMPD officers responded to two instances of theft to a motor vehicles. Two parking passes were stolen from unlocked cars in the Alfond Arena parking lot and the Collins Center for the Arts parking lot. Both cars had no damage aside from the stolen decals.

Oct. 31

9:57 p.m. – Hard taco

UMPD responded to a Resident Assistant (RA) of a non-student, Nathaniel Moore, 19, of Wilton, wearing a taco costume roaming the halls of Somerset Hall. The suspect, reportedly, shed the taco costume when he heard that UMPD was responding, and took off into the woods behind Patch. Another report came in from Somerset that Moore was located in a room. Officers made contact with Moore, who was in Orono for the weekend to go to parties. He was compliant with officer, and was summonsed and referred to Judicial Affairs (JA) for possession of alcohol by a minor.

10:19 p.m. – Draw the blinds

While investigating the incident above, an officer dressed in plain clothes observed someone smoking marijuana through a window in Patch Hall. The officer made contact with Joseph McDonald, a 26-year-old student, who admitted to smoking. McDonald handed over a vaporizer and a small amount of weed. McDonald was summonsed and referred to JA for possession of marijuana.

10:25 p.m. – Trash canned

UMPD responded to an RA report for underage drinking in Hancock Hall after two females were heard in their room talking about “being trashed.” Officers made contact with the residents of the room, and they admitted to drinking vodka earlier in the day. Officers retrieved the bottle, and referred the students to JA.

Nov. 1

12:06 a.m. – John 2:9

UMPD officers responded to an RA report of underage drinking in Cumberland Hall. The officer made contact with seven underaged subjects, who were drinking beer and raspberry vodka. Evan Kellough, a first-year student, was summonsed for possession of alcohol by a minor. Two non-students, Cole Jakobs, of Naples, and Shawn Hanson, of Sebago, were also summonsed for possession of alcohol by a minor. Hanson, who submitted a marijuana roach and a grinder to officers, was also summonsed for possession of drug paraphernalia. Along with beer and vodka, officers found Fireball whiskey and a bottle of grape juice with an apparatus to turn it into alcohol.

Be Sociable, Share!
,